Compare SUVs: 2019 Kia Sorento vs. Toyota Highlander, Hyundai Santa Fe, Honda Pilot, Nissan Pathfinder
If you want a rugged ride that can handle the bustling city streets as easily as it would a bumpy hill in the woods, then an SUV is your ideal vehicle. We have five models in the SUV class we will be comparing:
- 2019 Honda Pilot
- 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe XL
- 2019 Kia Sorento
- 2019 Nissan Pathfinder
- 2019 Toyota Highlander
Max. Cargo Room
|Kia Sorento||22, 29||290||73 cu.-ft.||$26,290|
|Honda Pilot||19, 27||280||83.9 cu.-ft.||$31,450|
|Hyundai Santa Fe XL||18, 25||290||80 cu.-ft.||$28,350|
|Nissan Pathfinder||20, 27||284||79.5 cu.-ft.||$31,430|
|Toyota Highlander||21, 27||295||83.7 cu.-ft.||$31,330|
Compare the 2019 Sorento vs. 2019 Pilot, 2019 Highlander, 2019 Santa Fe XL and 2019 Pathfinder
Lowest Starting Price
- Winner: 2019 Kia Sorento at $26,290.
- The 2019 Santa Fe XL is in second, with a starting MSRP that is $28,350, but the other three SUVs are north of $31,000 for their base trim level.
Best Top Fuel Economy
- Winner: 2019 Kia Sorento – 22 MPG city, 29 MPG highway.
- The 2019 Highlander base trim comes closest at 21 MPG city, 27 MPG highway, but carries a much greater cost. The others all give you a couple MPG less.
Best Top Performance
- Winner: 2019 Toyota Highlander – 295 Horsepower.
- The 2019 Sorento and 2019 Santa Fe XL come in a close second at 290 HP, while the 2019 Pilot and 2019 Pathfinder lag behind with 280 and 284 HP, respectively.
Best Variety of Trims
- Winner (tie): 2019 Kia Sorento and 2019 Honda Pilot – six trim options.
- You get additional tech features and available seating fabrics, and more, with the 2019 Sorento's six trims. Besides the Pilot's six, the others have five (Highlander), four (Pathfinder), or two (Santa Fe XL).
Other Benefits of the 2019 Kia Sorento
It’s clear that the 2019 Kia Sorento outpaces its peers in the SUV vehicle class, with edges in peak fuel economy, starting price and variety of trims, among other benefits. Here’s several more reasons to drive a 2019 Sorento.
- Tows up to 5,000 pounds.
- AWD available for five trims.
- Standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Four consecutive IIHS Top Safety Picks (2016 to 2019 model years).
- 10-year, 100,000-mile warranty coverage.
- Bold exterior paint color options like Passion Red and Blaze Blue.
Shop for a 2019 Kia Sorento at Family Kia of St. Augustine!
We’re the Home of the Red Carpet Treatment at Family Kia, and we provide excellent customer service to all of our shoppers. If you don’t believe us, our 2018 Platinum Prestige Award, given to only 3% of dealerships for their service, facilities and shopping experience, underscores our commitment to excellence. Come visit us on the lot and we’ll answer any questions you have or set you up with a test drive of your favorite model at Family Kia, located at 2665 U.S. Highway 1 South, St. Augustine FL.
We also serve Palm Coast, St. Augustine Beach, Nocatee, Hastings, Ponte Vedra Beach, St. Johns and Jacksonville, among other local cities. Please call us at (904) 808-0542 or visit us on the lot so we can set you up with a test drive, or check back here at www.familykia.com.