The 2019 Kia Optima holds the distinction of coming standard with Apple CarPlay, the worldwide infotainment system specifically designed to pair with your iPhone. Apple CarPlay gives drivers access to calling, music, navigation, messaging, iBooks, podcasts, and more, all without ever having to hold their phone. Keep reading to learn how to connect your iPhone to your Kia Optima.
You might also be interested in: 2019 Kia Optima safety features
How do I connect to Apple CarPlay in the 2019 Kia Optima?
The steps to connecting to Apple CarPlay are quite simple. There are as follows:
[wrc_column grid=”2″ width=”1″ type=”start”]
- With the Optima’s in-vehicle display, choose SETUP, then CONNECTIVITY or PHONE PROJECTION
- Select ENABLE APPLE CARPLAY and click accept
- Connect your iPhone to the vehicle’s USB port using your Apple Lighting Cable
[/wrc_column][wrc_column grid=”2″ width=”1″ type=”end”]
4. Tap APPLE CARPLAY on the primary monitor
5. Tap the buttons on the primary monitor to launch the apps you would like to use
6. Use the VOICE COMMAND button on your steering wheel to access Siri
You might also like: 2019 Kia Optima exterior paint color options
If you have followed these steps correctly, you should be all set up with Apple CarPlay in your 2019 Kia Optima. With this great system, you can safely make hands free calls and messages, find your way around town, and listen to your favorite music or podcasts whenever you want. To learn more about the 2019 Kia Optima or Apple CarPlay, readers are encouraged to come to Family Kia of St. Augustine. There is so much more to love about the renowned Optima other than its infotainment. We will go over everything else there is to know and we hope to see you soon!